Theoretical Models and Modalities Utilized in Dementia Care (Live Webinar)
- Registration Closed
In this live 1-hour presentation, speaker Ed Owen will discuss the theoretical models for understanding dementia that are used and taught in long-term care and how they affect the care given to residents. Additionally, Mr. Owen will discuss the modalities and their effectiveness in providing care to the person with dementia in a residential setting.
This webinar will be streamed live from our 2019 long-term care conference, "Integrating Palliative Care in Continuum of Care Operations." The video will feature both footage of the speaker and the presentation slides.
Registrants seeking continuing education will be asked to watch the live webinar in full, pass a post-test, and submit an evaluation form.
- Administrators (NAB): This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 1.00 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS— Approval #20201007-1.00-A56445-DL.
- Catholic Chaplains: The National Association of Catholic Chaplains has approved this program for a total of 1.0 Continuing Education Hours.
- Dietitians (Registered): This educational program has been approved for 11.0 Continuing Professional Education Hours by the Commission on Dietetic Registration. Activity #148694. Learning Need Code (s) # 5390 7100 5100 5460 Performance Indictor(s) # 2.1.1, 8.2.3, 12.2.3, 6.1.2
This webinar is part of the program “Integrating Palliative Care in Continuum of Care Operations.” People who complete this webinar in full will receive 1.0 Contact Hours.
- Nurses: This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Northeast Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Approved Contact Hour(s): 11.0 Program Code #: 002-153-070919. This webinar is part of the program “Integrating Palliative Care in Continuum of Care Operations.” People who complete this webinar in full will receive 1.0 contact hours.
- Recreation Therapists: The American Therapeutic Recreation Association has reviewed and pre-approved this workshop for up to 1.1 CEUs. ATRA awarded Category B CEUs are not automatically accepted for credit by NCTRC or other professional credentialing organizations. Individual CTRS’s may submit the CEUs to NCTRC for consideration in their individual recertification process. Statistically, 85% of pre-approved ATRA CEU credits are also approved by NCTRC. Workshop # 191008NY
This webinar is part of the program “Integrating Palliative Care in Continuum of Care Operations.” People who complete this webinar in full will receive 0.1 CEUs.
- New York State Social Workers: Avila Institute of Gerontology, Inc., SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0265.
If you have any questions or concerns about registering and attending the webinar, or about continuing education, please contact Tricia Misonznick or Erica Balazs at (518) 537-5000.
Edward Owen Jr., BS, PGDip, MA, LNHA
Faculty, Avila Institute of Gerontology, Inc.
Ed is a Licensed Nursing Home Administrator in two states, with more than 40 years of both clinical and administrative experience in healthcare. He holds a BS in Health Care Administration from Excelsior College, a PGDip in Dementia Studies from the University of Bradford, and an MA of Theology from Saint Leo University. Additionally, Ed is an ordained permanent deacon in the Catholic Church and is assigned to Saint Benedict Catholic Church in Richmond, Virginia.