AIG Learning Center
In-Service Kit: Achieving a Work-Life Balance
This ready-to-teach in-service package includes all the pieces needed to teach a 25-minute in-service.
In-Service Topic "Achieving a Work-Life Balance"
Health care professionals often work in a physically, mentally, and emotionally taxing environment, often leading to burnout or caregiver fatigue. These outcomes have an effect not only on the professional lives of those working in health care, but also on their personal lives. Disruptions in routines such as sleeping, eating, or exercising can have damaging effects on our health. Though it is unlikely for health care professionals to escape all stressors associated with their work, it is possible to reduce negative stress by ensuring that it is counter weighted by actions that bring joy and relief.
In this in-service, caregivers will learn:
- The importance of creating balance between ones’ personal and professional lives
- Helpful steps and strategies for achieving work-life balance such as setting boundaries on your time, discussing changes with loved ones, etc.
- Tools employees can use such as the Time Management Matrix and the ADPI Action Plan (additional tool handouts are included)
This in-service kit includes:
- A recorded video of the in-service (internet access required)
- Lesson Plan (PDF)
- Presentation slides and script (Microsoft PowerPoint File)
- Presentation handout as slides and notes (PDF)
- 4-page summary of presentation (PDF)
- Pre-test (PDF)
- 4 post-tests with 5 questions each and answer key (PDF)
- Follow-up (PDF)
- Time Management Matrix (PDF)
- ADPI Action Plan (PDF)
- Certificate Template (PDF)